понедельник, 2 декабря 2013 г.

Parking Lot (Skit) and Rhyme or Reason

Hi again!
Today I will focus on the skit "Parking Lot" and the third track "Rhyme or Reason".
What do we call skit? In rap skit is a short track about one minute or less ( "Parking Lot" is 55 sec) and usually skit is used as preface to the next song. Speaking of Marshall's skits, his last album "Recovery" didn't have a single one, so this time Em decided to include skit in MMLP2. What's interesting is that "Parking Lot" continues old story about bank robbery (to be truthful I didn't heard about that) and at the end of skit Em shots himself again. Why again? I can count a large number of songs where Em commits suicide... That are "When I'm gone", "Space Bound", etc. There's no need to count it now. I can't say that Parking Lot is a foreword to "Rhyme or Reason" but what do we know about Eminem's ideas?? Maybe it's so.

"Rhyme or Reason". I noted to myself that I have already heard that bridge... Maybe that bridge I've heard is  very similar to Em's one, I don't know, but it interested me enough. Lyrics are insane, Em just goes off on hate spew against everything, even his dad. Idea of the track doesn't fit with relaxed melody of the chorus and that's feature. Also, in this track Em compares himself with Jedi traning and Rick Rubin with "Yoda of rap", check it:

Back with the Yoda of rap, "In a spasm
Your music usually has 'em
But waned for the game your enthusiasm it hasn't
Follow you must, Rick Rubin my little Padawan"
Well, good track but don't forget Eminem is gaining his power and to the middle of the album you'll understand that... My next post will be about "So Much Better" is one of my favorite songs from MMLP2 sooo.... there are rhyme and reason to witness it!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий